The privacy, availability and integrity of data can be protected through the mechanism called Information security. Information security generally identifies various methods to enhance the security of the computer and also protects crucial data. For Example, personal diaries or the classified plot details of an upcoming book. It is recommended to take effective measures to protect data for good information security even though no security system is foolproof.
Generally security products, technologies, policies and procedures are incorporated with Effective Information Security. Each organisation faces set of information security issues that cannot be solved by collection of products whereas, it requires relying on the proven set of organization’s practices along with these set of technologies. Such as, vulnerability scanners alone cannot be adequate source for providing the efficient and effective information security although firewalls and intrusion detection systems both are important Products.
Information Security policy provides accurate set of guidelines that assist organizations in protecting and managing their information assets. It also assists organizations in making effective planning regarding its information systems security infrastructure. Security procedures provide exact set of steps to accomplish a specific task. For instance, a antivirus software is updated on a daily basis in a policy and exact list of steps to update software is provided in a Procedure.
An Information Technology (IT) Security Policy minimizes the risk as it identifies the rules and procedures for all individuals accessing and using an organization's IT assets and resources. Effective IT Security Policy depicts the organization’s culture in which employees information and nature of works results in effective rules and procedures. An effective IT security policy designs unparalleled document according to the nature and type of the organization. These documents vary depending upon following factors:
- Risk tolerance perspectives of the people,
- Peoples observation about their information,
- Resulting availability that they maintain of that information.
Note: In actual, lack of people’s observation in using and sharing information among themselves and public, turns boilerplate IT security policy inappropriate.
Information Security is a process of securing information. The three main principle objectives of an IT security policy composing the CIA Triad are:
- Preserving the confidentiality of the organization: It involves the protection of assets from unauthorized entities.
- Preserving the integrity of the organization: It checks whether the assets modification is handled in a specified and authorized manner.
- Preserving the availability of systems and information of the organization: Where the authorized users have continuous access to assets is known as availability of systems.
The IT Security Policy always remains in the continuous updating mode that means it continuously referred to and constantly updates to adapt with developing business and IT requirements. The standard best practices have been published by the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for security policy formation.
The organization policy should address following specifications as specified by National Research Council:
- Specific goals
- Responsibilities for compliance and actions to be taken in the event of non-compliance.
The main objective of our courses on security is to provide timely and appropriate information on legislation and strategies to deal with the present security challenges. Students will get advanced and elaborated training ranging from operations to planning to management that will assist them in their career.
Information security: It is also known as InfoSec that guard’s information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction.
- Desktop Security: It ascertains reliability and secure campus cyber environment for the personal computer and laptop. Therefore, desktop computers before connecting to the campus network should comply their minimum standards and utilize both anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Faculty and staff members are recommended to use "best practices" of cyber tasks. For example, protecting passwords, surfing web sites, and opening e-mail attachments.
- Operating System Security: It is also known as OS security that ensuring OS integrity, confidentiality and availability. To protect the OS from threats, viruses, worms, malware or remote hacker intrusions, OS security provides various steps and measures. All preventive-control techniques are covered in OS security to safeguard computer assets that can be stolen, edited or deleted under certain circumstances where OS security is compromised.
- Network Security: Network administrator or system administrator implements network security policy. They ensure software and hardware network required to protect a network and the resources accessed by unauthorized access within the network and simultaneously ensuring adequate access of the employees to their network and resources. A network security requires its multiple components, such as networking monitoring and security software to work together in addition to hardware and appliances for increasing the computer network security.
- Database management Security: It protects the database by using advances information security controls, such as technical, procedural, administrative and physical control. It generally protects data, the database applications or stored functions, the database systems, the database servers and the associated network links by maintaining their confidentiality, integrity and availability. Database security is exemplary and specialist topic for computer security, information security and risk management, the
- Storage security: It is a set of tools, technologies and processes ensuring that the right to access, store and use storage resources is only with authorized and legitimate users. By implementing requisite technologies and policies on storage access and denying the access to all unidentified and unknown users, storage security enables better security of any storage resource.
- E-Commerce Security: It protects the e-commerce assets from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction.
- Application Security: It protects application from external threats with the use of software, hardware, and procedural methods.
- Wireless Network Security: It uses the wireless networks to prevent unauthorized access or damage to computers. Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) are main examples of wireless security.
- Information Risk Management: The IT risk management in order to manage IT risk, considers the application of risk management to Information technology context. For instance, IT risk management will considers the broader factors of enterprise risk management system when the business risk is related with the use, ownership, operation, involvement, influence and adoption of IT within an enterprise.
- Cloud Security: It consist of specific set of controlled technologies and policies designed to adhere to regulatory compliance rules and protect information, data applications and infrastructure associated with cloud computing use.
- Mobile Security: It is also known as wireless security that protects smartphones, tablets, laptops and other portable computing devices. It also protects the networks that these devices connect from threats and vulnerabilities associated with wireless computing.
- Updated knowledge of IT security standards and best practices.
- Cultivate technical, operational and executive management skills.
- Crisis management and risk assessment
Who Can attend this Course?
Professionals with combined experience of 15 years in the IT sector assist in developing and designing IT security course. This course adjoins freshers and networking professionals in learning new concepts, real life experience and problems which resulted in this exciting course. This course will provides platform to initiate ones career as a network engineer and Simplicity, Efficiency and Coverage are the main aspects considered while designing this Networking training course.
Simplicity - The course is designed in the simplest manner to make it understandable. Moreover, a simple reading, watching and practicing its training course will assist student in becoming an effective Security professional.
Efficiency - This course designed in such a efficient manner that will take student through a journey full of learning and experiencing a whole new world to its fullest with minimum effort.
Coverage – The course has efficiently covered each and every topic that will assist in establishing you as a self-sustained network engineer
Security is one of the most promising career options that are available today. It has very good future prospects. For anyone looking out for career in IT security, it is important to understand the basic concepts and then move on to learn the advanced concepts and features of computer security.