New generation mobiles have drastically changed from the older version where the only purpose was to convey information through talk and that too in a stipulated amount of time. But now, the entire picture is changed. Mobile computing involves many features such as:
· Communication - This includes ad hoc and infrastructure networks as well as communication properties, protocols, data formats and concrete technologies.
· Hardware – This includes mobile devices or device components
· Mobile software - Mobile software deals with the characteristics and requirements of mobile applications.
We can literally mention mobile computing such as working on your personal computer , but u don’t need to be in office itself. This can use any type of computing which ranges from internet or intranet and respective communications links, as WAN, LAN, WLAN etc. Sometimes mobile computers may form a wireless personal network (piconet).
There are at least three different classes of mobile computing items:
All the three classes do have their respective region of applicability. None of them is higher than the other class, only differs where we need to apply the respective class. The existence of these classes is expected to be long lasting, and complementary in personal usage, none replacing one the other in all features of convenience.
- Portable computers - This contains a full character set keyboard and primarily intended as hosts for software that may be parameterized, as laptops, notebooks, notepads, etc.
- Mobile phones including a restricted key - This will set primarily intended but not restricted to for vocal communications, as cell phones, smart phones, etc.
- Wearable computers- These are mostly limited to functional keys and primarily intended as incorporation of software agents, as watches, wristbands, necklaces, keyless implants, etc.