The term Telecommunication refers to a set of systems that are used to transmit messages over a distance by electronic means. This may include electrical signals, radio waves, microwaves, infrared signals, Bluetooth, fibre channels, and many other technologies.
Telecommunication was invented thousands of years ago when people used smoke signals, flags, and drum beats to communicate over a considerable distance. This field became a hot favourite of the scientists of all times and coding schemes and techniques like Morse codes, telegraphs, and radio signals were invented. Over a period of time, telephone, teleprinters, networks, microwave transmission, fibre optics, and satellite communication were invented to connect the whole world.
The invention of radio communications by Guglielmo Marconi is considered as the turning point in the evolution of telecommunications. He won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1909 for his work in the area of telecommunications. Charles Wheatstone, Samuel Morse (telegraph), Alexander Graham Bell (telephone), Edwin Armstrong, and Lee de Forest (radio), John Logie Baird and Philo Farnsworth (television) earned recognitions for their respective inventons.
Telecommunications Specialist Job Duties:
- To plan network installations according to customer requirements. Analyze the requirements, order the equipment, supplies, and materials. Assess the tools, installation site, and prepare installation diagrams to implement the network installation.
- To establish voice and data networks by laying down cable networks, installing telecom equipments, routers, switches, multiplexers, cable trays, and security equipments. To assist fixtures like ironwork, ladder racks and establishing connections and integrations as per the industry standards. To activate remove access tools and coordinate with contractors.
- To verify service by testing various circuits, equipment, and alarms. To identify, correct, or escalate problems that arise in the networking process.
- To create a proper set of document network by labelling and routing equipment and cables and keeping the records of configuration diagrams and specifications.
- To keep the documents updated for the further references and maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages. To test network back-up procedures.
- To maintain a relationship of mutual understanding and trust with customers by listening to their questions and resolving them to the best efficiency.
- To maintains a good and secure environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- To maintain the records of the inventory stock by recording supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- To maintain the knowledge up to the market level by reading technical publications and by participating in educational trainings.
- To raise organization standards and reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests or by exploring different opportunities.